Construction Materials, Methods & Techniques: Building For A
Explore The Most Up-To-Date Green Methods For Residential and
Commercial Building Construction
By William P. Spence
- Third Edition
Explore the most up-to-date green
methods for residential and commercial building construction, along
with the construction materials and properties needed to carry them
out with this newly revised book.
CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS, METHODS AND
TECHNIQUES: BUILDING FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE, 3E offers
comprehensive coverage of these topics and presents them using a
logical, well-structured format that follows the natural sequence of
a construction project.
With an emphasis in providing the
most current information available, including sustainability and
green design, this third edition is fully equipped with content that
reflects the 2004 Edition of Construction Specifications Institute
(CSI) MasterFormat and information that is based on the input of
hundreds of today's top manufacturers and professional and trade
In addition, relevant building
codes are frequently referenced, rounding out this need-to-know
coverage that is critical to success in the industry.
- Facilitates comprehension with
a logical, organized format that mirrors the natural progression
of a construction project, allowing readers to build a
foundation of knowledge before moving into the specific
requirements of each stage of construction.
- Organized by selected divisions
with references to the 2004 edition of the MasterFormat.
- Encourages readers to apply
what they have learned with hands-on activities at the end of
- Chapters feature Learning
Objectives, Key Terms, and Review Questions to help aid in the
students comprehension and learning of chapter materials
Part I: INTRODUCTION.
1. The Construction Industry: An Overview.
2. Regulatory Constraints, Standards and Sustainability.
Part II: SITE
CONSTRUCTION AND EARTHWORK.
3. Properties of Materials.
4. The Building Site.
Part III: CONCRETE AND
8. Cast-In-Place Concrete.
9. Precast Concrete.
10. Mortars for Masonry Walls.
11. Clay Brick and Tile.
12. Concrete Masonry.
14. Masonry Construction.
Part IV: METALS, WOOD
15. Ferrous Metals.
16. Nonferrous Metals.
17. Steel Frame Construction.
18. Wood, Plastics, and Composites.
19. Products Manufactured from Wood.
20. Wood and Metal Light Frame Construction.
21. Heavy Timber Construction.
22. Finishing the Exterior and Interior of Light Wood Frame
23. Paper and Paper Pulp Products.
Part V: THERMAL AND
25. Thermal Insulation and Vapor Barriers.
26. Bonding Agents, Sealers, and Sealants.
27. Bituminous Materials.
28. Roofing Systems.
30. Doors, Windows, Entrances, and Storefronts.
31. Cladding Systems.
32. Interior Finishes.
33. Painting and Coatings.
34. Gypsum, Lime, and Plaster.
35. Acoustical Materials.
36. Interior Walls, Partitions, and Ceilings.
40. Residential and Commercial Equipment.
42. Special Construction.
43. Conveying Systems.
44. Fire-Suppression Systems.
45. Plumbing Systems.
46. Heating, Air-Conditioning, Ventilation, And Refrigeration.
47. Electrical Equipment And Systems.
48. Electronic Safety and Security.