Do-It-Yourself Guide to Repairing Common Plumbing Problems
By Charles McConnell
Do you want to stop that leaky faucet? Or fix
that toilet that won’t stop running? How about that dripping
Do you want to replace that pink toilet in the
master bath, or that mauve sink in the guest bath? Don’t want to
call a high-priced professional to solve your plumbing woes?
Better yet, what if you could anticipate,
diagnose, and repair plumbing problems before water leaks all over
your house? This book can show you how!
This book covers all of the major problem
areas: toilets, bathtubs, showers, dishwashers, hot water heaters
- How to anticipate the
unknown conditions that can affect the start of a home project.
- Dealing with unknown
plumbing conditions that often exist with repairs or replacements,
including those that have the potential to be dangerous.
- The installation and
repair of piping: cast iron, steel, copper, PVC, and CPVC.
- Complete and concise
instructions for plumbing installation and repairs.
- Information on new
plumbing products that can help you in the proper selection of
fixtures and appliances.
- Special plumbing
considerations to help you ensure the safety of your family and
- "Tools Needed" and
"Materials Needed" features at the beginning of each chapter guide
you in buying what you need to get the job done .
- Detailed diagrams and
illustrations clearly explain the numerous steps associated with a
particular job, providing a strong visual reference.
- A troubleshooting
approach which demonstrates how you can creatively and skillfully
solve your plumbing projects and problems
- Basic Information.
- Tools to Make the Job Easy.
- Repairing a Control Valve.
- Measuring and Cutting Pie.
- Working With Copper Tubing.
- The Thieves Hiding in Your Toilet Tank.
- Replacing Sink and Lavatory Traps.
- All about Faucets.
- Protecting Your Family's Health.
- Removing An Old Pop-up Waste.
- Repairing A Trip Lever Bath Drain.
- Installing or Resetting a Toilet.
- PVC and CPVC Pipe and Fittings.
- Some Notes on Stopped-Up Drains.
- Replacing a Garbage Disposer.
- Replacing a Residential Dishwasher.
- Working With Cast Iron Soilpipe.
- Replacing Hot Water Heaters.
- Working with Cast Iron Soil Pipe.
- Installing a Circulating Hot Water Line.
- Alternative Ways to Handle Human Wastes.
- Private Water Systems.
- Venting an Island Sink.
- Plumbing: Ancient and Modern.
288 Pages -
7-3/8 x 9-1/4 in.
Paperback, 288 pages
The Home Plumbing Handbook