By Michael Crandell - First Edition
The reader of Painting for Collision Repair will be
introduced to all aspects of modern refinishing.
Urethane undercoats and top coats as well as HVLP paint guns are
The techniques of surface prep, paint mixing, paint gun handling,
color matching, and all other facets of refinishing are presented in
this illustrated, comprehensive guide.
Each chapter concludes with ASE style questions to evaluate the
reader's understanding of the topics.
- addresses health concerns and safety issues when working with
- thorough coverage of refinishing equipment and their uses
- covers troubleshooting of both existing problems and those
that occur while painting
- addresses paint mixing, color matching and the application of
- ASE style review questions reinforce student comprehension
Refinishing Equipment and Its Use.
Spray Gun and Its Use.
Compressed Air Supply Equipment.
Minor Body Repairs.
Restoring Corrosion Protection.
Automotive Refinishing Materials.
Sanding Materials and Methods.
Surface Refinishing Prep.
Paint Mixing Systems.
Application of Color.
Painting Plastic Parts.
272 pages - 8-1/2 x 11 in.
Paperback, 278 pages
Painting for Collision Repair