Soares Book on Grounding and Bonding
By International Association of Electrical
Seldom do design, engineering, installation and
enforcement perspectives come together in one book, especially on the
controversial topics of grounding and bonding. This, however, is
exactly what IAEI has achieved with this 9th edition of Soares
Book on Grounding and Bonding.
If you've ever gotten red tagged for grounding
or bonding situations, you'll be pleased to know that this book
authoritatively reviews each topic from the perspectives of the
enforcers. That's like having a free pass handed to you.
Among other requirements this book deals with
the grounding electrode -- its new definition and the requirements, tied
to that definition, which emphasize functionality. It also explains
the new requirements of static protection through grounding and
bonding. Additionally, it points out the revisions to the grounding
requirements for separately derived systems and for information
technology and limited energy systems.
In accordance with IAEI's hallmark of
step-by-step explanations, the illustrations have greater detail and
there are more photos of actual installations.
Soares Book on Grounding and Bonding,
a long-time classic, is believed to be the most authoritative book on
this subject. This 9th edition has been meticulously updated to the
2005 National Electrical Code.
Why get your information piecemeal, when you can
see design, engineering, installation and enforcement perspectives
dovetail together in this one book? Soares Book on Grounding and
Bonding is the only book on the market that helps you see all
the perspectives before you do the job.
Table of Contents:
- General Fundamentals
- To Ground or Not To Ground
- Grounding Electrical Systems
- Grounding Electrical Services
- Service and Main Bonding Jumpers
- The Grounding Electrode System
- Grounding Electrode Conductors
- Bonding Enclosures and Equipment
- Equipment Grounding Conductors
- Enclosure and Equipment Grounding
- Clearing Ground Faults and Short Circuits
- Grounding Separately Derived Systems
- Grounding at More Than One Building or
- Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupters
- Ground-Fault Protection for Equipment
- Grounding and Bonding for Special
Locations and Conditions
- Grounding and Bonding for Electronic
- Low-Voltage and Intersystem Grounding and
- Grounding of Systems or Circuits of 1kV
- Appendix A — Origin of Concrete-Encased
Electrode (Ufer Ground)
- Appendix B — Why Measure Soil Resistivity?
400 Pages, Soft-cover
Perfect Paperback, 400 pages
2005 Soares Book on Grounding and Bonding