Preface to Third Edition.
1. General Principles and Responsibilities.
2. Procedure and Equipment.
3. Measurement of Existing Buildings.
4. Surveys of Historic Buildings.
5. Foundation Failures.
6. Defective Walls and Partitions Above Ground.
7. Reinforced Concrete, Cladding Materials and Structural Steelwork.
8. Damp Penetration and Condensation.
9. Timber Decay and Insect Attack.
10. Roof Structures and Coverings.
11. Fireplaces, Flues and Chimney Stacks.
12. Timber Upper Floors, Floor Coverings, Staircases and Ladders.
13. Finishes and Joinery Externally and Internally.
15. External Works.
16. Fire and Flood Damage.
17. Report Writing.
18. Legal Aspects.