Reference With Complete and Detailed Drawings, Descriptions and
Photographs of Entryways and Openings
By Wendy Talaricp, Smith
Architectural Details for Residential, Industrial and Commercial
This essential reference presents complete and
detailed drawings, descriptions, and photographs from recently
The book presents inspiring examples of
entryways from residences, museums, factories, historic structures,
and modern office buildings in Europe, South America, and the U.S.
rings together examples of inspiring openings across all
architectural scales, including residential, industrial, and
"Openings" features 21 projects from today's
top designers, including Diller Scofidio + Renfro, Rural Studio,
Venturi, Scott Brown & Associates, John McAslan & Partners, and
Wilkinson Eyre Architects.
WENDY TALARICO is an architectural
journalist with more than twenty years of writing and editorial
experience. She's an expert in the fields of architecture and
architectural technology, building science, construction, and
sustainable design. She's written for Metropolis, Architectural
Record, This Old House, the Christian Science Monitor, and many
SMITH MARAN ARCHITECTS (SMA) is an
award-winning partnership founded in 1997 and based in Montclair,
New Jersey. SMA intentionally seeks to satisfy a wide range of
design needs. In addition to creating distinctive public and private
environments, the firm specializes in developing architectural,
industrial, and graphic design solutions for businesses and
institutions seeking to define or reconceive their public image. SMA
is recognized for identifying and enriching the intrinsically unique
conditions—site, program, identity—of any given project
Table of Contents:
Foreword by Horace Havemeyer III.
Introduction by Kevin Alter.
- Hilltop Studio- Marmol Radziner and Associates.
- Pier 11/Wall Street Ferry Terminal- Smith-Miller +
- Chicken Point Cabin- Olson Sundberg Kundig Allen
- House Rua Suica- Isay Weinfeld Arquiteto.
- Modular VII Chiller Plant- Leers Weinapfel Associates.
- Maurice Villency Flagship Store- Thanhauser Esterson
- The Reuters Building @ 3 Times Square- Fox & Fowle
- West End House Boys and Girls Club- Leers Weinzapfel
- The Collins Gallery- Patrick Tighe Architecture.
- National Civil Rights Museum Expansion.
- Tunnel Entrance Gate- Ralph Appelbaum Associates.
- 12 Sutton Row- John McAslan + Partners.
- Scorpion Residence- Jones Studio, Inc.
- Trenton Central Fire Headquarters and Museum- Venturi,
Scott Brown & Associates, Inc.
- Mii amo Spa at Enchantment Resort- Gluckman Mayner
- The Brasserie, Seagram Building- Diller Scofidio +
- Jones Residence- Jones Studio, Inc.
- Entrance Canopy for Marriott East- Perkins Eastman
- Corning Museum of Glass- Smith-Miller + Hawkinson
- The Royal Ballet School "Bridge of Aspiration"-
Wilkinson Eyre Architects.
- Pins Sur Mer- Obie G. Bowman.
- The Lucy House- Rural Studio Outreach.