Handbook - 3rd Edition
The Definitive Guide
to Land Development Including Every Detail, Every Issue, Every
By Dewberry Companies
The Definitive Guide to Land
Development-Every Detail, Every Issue, Every Setting
Land Development Handbook provides a step-by-step approach
to any type of project, from rural greenfield development to
suburban infill to urban redevelopment. With the latest information
regarding green technologies and design, the book offers you a
comprehensive look at the land-development process as a whole, as
well as a thorough view of individual disciplines. Plus, a bonus
color insert reveals the extent to which land development projects
are transforming our communities!. .
This all-in-one guide provides in-depth coverage of:
- Environmental issues from erosion and sediment control and
stormwater management to current regulatory controls for plan
approval, permitting, and green building certification.
- Comprehensive planning and zoning including new development
models for mixed-use, transit-oriented, and conservation
- Enhanced approaches to community and political consensus
- Technical design procedures for infrastructure components
including roads and utilities with a new section on dry
- Surveying tools and techniques focusing on the use of GPS
and GIS to collect, present, and preserve data throughout the
design process .
- Plan preparation, submission, and processing with an
emphasis on technologies available-from CAD modeling and design
to electronic submissions, permit processing, and tracking
- Planning and zoning.
- Real Property Law.
- Engineering Feasibility.
- Environmental Regulations.
- Conceptual and Schematic Design.
- Development Patterns.
- Control, Boundary, and Topographical Surveys.
- Historic Assessment and Preservation.
- Street and Utility Design.
- Floodplain Studies.
- Grading and Earthwork.
- Water and Wastewater Treatment.
- Cost Estimating.
- Subdivision Process.
- Plan Submittals.
- Stormwater Management.
- Erosion and Sediment Control .
- And much more!
1135 Pages - 8.5 x 11 in., Hard-cover
Published June 2008
Hardcover, 1135 pages
Land Development Handbook