Nothing transforms a room, old or new, like a beautiful wood
floor. And with the choice of flooring and rental equipment now
available, there's no reason you can't install your own wood floor.
In this video, flooring expert Don Bollinger installs oak strip
flooring in his own home--complete with uneven floors and
walls--showing you step by step how to get professional results
safely and efficiently.
By watching Laying Hardwood Floors you'll learn:
- Which types of flooring you can choose from
- How to remove old flooring and prepare the subfloor
- How to use power nailers in tight places
- How to establish a baseline and lay out your floor
- How to lay flooring around awkward spots like hearths and
- How to allow for seasonal expansion of the floor boards
This video is the companion to Bollinger's video workshop,
Sanding and Finishing Hardwood Floors. In addition, both
tapes are paired with Bollinger's book, Hardwood
Floors, where you'll find techniques for laying, sanding and
finishing a variety of hardwood floors.
Don Bollinger is the owner of The Oak Floors of Greenbank in
Seattle, Washington. He teaches workshops for do-it-yourselfers and
is a contributor to many magazines, including
DVD ISBN 978-1-56158-716-2
VHS ISBN 978-